up one level
Professional Development Planner (PDP)
The Professional Development Planner (PDP) is an exciting new training initiative designed for both existing and new PPM members. The PDP will help members to identify their professtional training and development needs, will provide them with support to achieve them, and will at last provide a recognised training certificate that will become established throughout the industry.
What are the main objectives of the PDP?
- Enable the PPM to stick to, and improve, what it traditionally does best - ongoing training and development through regional and national events, but provide a tangible framework on which to hang this development training
- Fulfil a need to provide a flexible but structured training programme to people in the industry. Provide a tangible training product that will be marketable but flexible, allowing members to achieve accreditation at their own pace
- Ensure that regional events are tailored to meet local members' training and development needs
In a nutshell...The PDP will assist PPM's to identify their training and development needs. By attending events and logging the experience in the PDP pack PPM's are accredited with training points. Once a given number of points are achieved the PPM hands the forms to be read and signed off by their employer - this direct involvement with the employer is crucial to the PDP's success. The forms can then be sent to the BPIF who will return them with a 'Certificate of Achievement' and the PPM then moves to the next level of development.
Benefit to PPM member employers
- Affordable training, development and motivation of employees
- Employer involvement - interaction with employees development, which could lead to mentorship
- Measurable results of training package that could be tied in with appraisals
- Full support from the PPM committee and regional chairs
Benefit to PPM members
- Structured training and development
- Hands on knowledge of different areas of the printing industry
- Measurable objectives and goalsBridges the gap between initial job training e.g. Apprenticeship and managerial qualifications such as PCM
- BPIF endorsed 'PPM Certificate of Development' which can be noted in the members development records
Andrew Denny, Immediate Past YMP National Chairman"This is a fantastic product, it will give structure to the whole training arena and allow anyone, at any level, the opportunity to plan their learning, apply their learning and develop both individually and professionally. The beauty of the PDP is its simplicity in both use and application. I strongly recomend it to you"
Ruth Exelby, National Young Persons Manager at JHP Training
For any information on events in your region and How to Join please contact the National PPM Secretary Jane Miller on 01924 203339.