Spreading the word!
Invision is our monthly video blog keeping you up to date on the latest news and views from around the printing, printed packaging and graphic communication industry.
The BPIF launched its Graduate Management Programme for professionals in print and media on the 30 of April at The Tower - A Guoman Hotel in London. 160 learners attended the day event which was deemed a success by all.
Welcome to a special, associate edition of Invision where we are talking to Canon, in depth, about their recent Insight report “The Bigger Picture” and how the remarkable results will affect their business, their customers and print buyers.
This month we’re taking a closer look at both the BPIF’s LEAN consultancy and the recent developments with regards to certification for the BPIF ISO12647-2 Colour Quality Management Scheme.
We visited to Benson Box in Leicester, this year’s winners of the LEAN manufacturing Excellence award, to talk to them about their LEAN processes and find out how the implementation of the BPIF colour standard has benefited their business.
The 2012 BPIF Excellence Award winners were announced on the 13th September at The Tower - A Guoman Hotel, during a spectacular awards ceremony hosted by the irrepressible Bobby Davro and featuring entertainment from Darren Bennett and Lilia Kopylova from BBC 1's ‘Strictly Come Dancing'.
Also in this months edition:
- The BPIF signs a three-year contract with the BOSS federation
- We look at the impact of paper import restrictions by the EU
- The BPIF invites applications for the European PROSPEC project from UK print companies
- And we preview some events coming up in the next couple of months
In April's edition of Invision we talk with Pensord (a leading printer of magazines and periodicals in South Wales) about their success in being the first company to be awarded the BPIF Seal of Business Excellence.
Also in this edition:
- We assess the impact of Royal Mail’s changes to their packet post costs
- The Home Office plans to publish information on Police Commissioner Candidates solely online
- What the Health and Safety Executive’s ‘low-risk’ classification means for the printing sector
- And we look forward to some of the events coming up over the next few months.
This is the March edition of In Vision, bringing you the news and events from around the UK printing industry.
In this months edition:
- The government invites bids for the new, public sector print framework agreement
- An important reminder from HMRC on changes to the VAT system
- And previews both the BPIF Excellence Awards, and Print Futures Awards 2012
November edition of Invision saw the us venture to Kidlington, oxfordshire to visit Hunts Printing Group and speak to Timon Colegrove about the apprenticeships and vocational training Hunts are undertaking.
Topics also covered in this issue include:
- Equal pay and gender equality
- 'Simple' financial products
The October issue of Invision from Halstan Printing Group in Buckinghamshire, this year’s winners of the BPIF Training and Development Excellence Award.
Topics covered in this editions include:
- Simplifying public procurement
- The British Book Design and Production Awards
September's Invision from Steamline Print, Leicester. Topics covered in this editions include:
- Government introduces deregulatory measures to help SMEs access equity financing
- Government support for business following recent public disorder
- Eleven new Enterprise Zones announced
Discover more in July’s issue of Invision which takes place at Westminster. Topics covered are a recap on June’s BPIF Excellence Awards. The CEO’s conference, where author Dr James Bellini will lead a thought-provoking workshop on what the future holds for our industry. The All-Party Parliamentary Print Group Reception at the House of Lords. Both events are being held on Thursday 14 July.
Check out June’s issue of Invision from Cafe de Paris where this year’s BPIF Excellence Awards will take place on the 15 June.
Check out the May issue of Invision. Topics covered are law changes for Pre-Packs, the government's Red Tape Challenge and an update on next month's BPIF Excellence Awards at the Cafe de Paris in London's Piccadilly.