- A member company had a Judgment in their favour for a sum of £80,000 against a customer. The customer, instead of paying, went into liquidation. The company was advised by its solicitors that it was not worth pursuing. Having joined L , BPIF Legal were able to instruct a forensic accountant to investigate the insolvency and is in the process of re-opening the case with a view to settlement.
- A member company was prosecuted by the Environment Agency for breaches of the Packaging Waste Regulations. BPIF Legal was able to represent the company at the Magistrates Court and liaise with the Environment Agency to ensure the correct pleas in mitigation were entered in order to minimise the fines.
- A member company uses BPIF Legal on a regular basis in order to chase up and settle outstanding debts.
- A member company was being sued in the County Court by an ex-employee with regard to issues relating to his entitlement to disability benefit payments. BPIF Legal was able to represent the company, enter a Defence and negotiate on its behalf. Following representations by BPIF Legal this claim was completely withdrawn with no cost to the member.
- A member company is being prosecuted by the Health and Safety Executive. BPIF Legal is able to represent the company, deal with the court documents and instruct specialist Counsel to appear on its behalf.
- A member company has initiated consultation with a view to setting up an employee forum in line with the Information and Consultation Directive. Although BPIF HR advisers are able to deal with this on a day to day basis, as a L member the company is able to call upon BPIF Legal at any time to deal with specific legal queries raised by the employees and Trades Unions.
- A member company was involved in a dispute with its chemical supplier regarding damage to plates. Although proceedings were close to being issued BPIF Legal were able to assist in a negotiated settlement.
- A member company was involved with a dispute over payment of a Recruitment agency’s fees. BPIF Legal were able to reduce the fees by half in the light of documents disclosed at our request.
- BPIF Legal was able to advise on contractual arrangements between a member company and its bank.
- A member company was being pursued for payment of rent on a property which they had assigned 8 years before. BPIF Legal was able to attend meetings with the landlord’s solicitors and assist the company in obtaining advice on its liabilities.
- A member company required the drafting of service and supply contracts.
- A member company required advice on a highly restrictive and intrusive Confidentiality Agreement drawn up by an American customer.
- A member company required the drafting of a Letter of Repudiation in the circumstances of threatened unofficial action.
- Member companies have required BPIF Legal to act on their behalf in negotiating Compromise Agreements with departing employees.
- Member companies have required BPIF Legal to advise closely on negotiating terms with senior executives prior to their departure.
- BPIF Legal issued County Court Proceedings on behalf of a member company in respect of an unpaid invoice. The claim was defended on quality and other grounds, and a counter-claim was made. The case was fought all the way to trial and BPIF Legal were able to secure a Judgment for the full amount of the debt plus interest.
For more information and to speak to a member of the BPIF Legal team, please click here.
Downloads & Links
Go Legal Documents